Super Lawyers
The Netional Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40
Avvo Clients Choice
Avvo Top Contributor
Avvo Rating
Published on:

Anthony Giglio of Wellington, Florida Arrested for DUI Manslaughter

Anthony Giglio of Wellington, Florida was arrested Friday after he was accused of crashing into 31-year-old Sandy Suarez of West Palm Beach during a drunk driving incident, news sources report. Suarez later died of her injuries. Giglio, 29, was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on charges of DUI crash-serious injury to another, DUI manslaughter, and DUI property damage. He was later released on a $36,000 bail bond. It is not yet known whether Giglio has hired an attorney to represent his case.

According to reports, the accident occurred on February 23. Giglio and his passenger were westbound on Okeechobee Boulevard; Suarez and her passenger were northbound on North Jog Road. The two vehicles met at the intersection of Okeechobee and Jog Road, where Giglio had a red light. The passenger in Giglio’s vehicle reportedly told Giglio to stop for the red light several times as he approached the intersection. Instead of stopping, Giglio allegedly said, “Watch this,” and sped through the light. His vehicle collided with the passenger side of Suarez’s car, sources say.

Paramedics pronounced Suarez dead at the scene of the accident. Rescue crews had to cut her passenger from the vehicle. The passenger and Giglio were taken to St. Mary’s Medical Center for treatment. It is unclear whether Giglio’s passenger sustained injuries. Doctors performed a blood test on Giglio after he arrived on the hospital and allegedly found that he had a blood-alcohol level of .24, far over the legal limit of .08.

In other news, Dedra Jones of Daytona Beach was arrested this past week after she was accused of dialing 911 eight times, reports say. Jones, 43, was booked into police custody on charges misusing a 911 system. It is unclear whether she qualified for bail bond or hired legal representation.

According to reports, Jones initially dialed 911 to report that someone had broken into her home and stolen, among other things, her television. A short time later, Jones called 911 again to say that no officer had arrived to her home. Sometime later, Jones dialed 911 another time to say that a witness had identified the robber and that she was on her way to the suspect’s home. The 911 dispatcher told Jones to remain at her home and let officers handle the suspect.

Jones called 911 a fourth time, this time in tears, and said, “I don’t mean to keep calling back, but I already know the people who took my things. All I need is somebody here. All I want is my stuff back.” According to reports, Jones called 911 two more times, the sixth time she complained that an officer on the scene had been “nasty” to her. “I know I am being recorded and [the officer’s] card number is 4775,” Jones told the dispatcher. Jones asked the dispatcher to send an adviser to the scene.

Reports say Jones called 911 a seventh time and asked for an officer to come to her home and assist her. At that point, the dispatcher told Jones to stop calling 911 unnecessarily or she would be placed under arrest. When another officer arrived at the home, Jones reportedly told him that she no longer need help and refused to speak with him The officer observed Jones making another call at the scene; the officer checked with HQ and learned Jones was again dialing 911 to complain. The officer then placed Jones under arrest.

Sources: 4.1.13 Giglio DUI Manslaughter.pdf, 4.1.13 Jones 911.pdf.

Posted in: and
Published on:

Comments are closed.